Oil Cleansing Method
A Natural Skin Care Solution - Cleansing with Oil
The basic concept of this skin care and cleansing method is that the oil used to massage your skin will dissolve the oil that has hardened with impurities and found itself stuck in your pores. The steam will open your pores, allowing the oil to be easily removed. Should you need it, the smallest drop of the same oil formula patted over damp skin will provide the necessary lubrication to keep your skin from over-compensating in oil production.
- Get your oil mixture, washcloth, and a hand towel.
- Wet face with warm water.
- Apply 2-4 pumps of our Serum (dime size amount) into your palm and rub hands together.
- Rub fingers gently over your face in small circles for 30 seconds to 2 minutes to allow the oil to penetrate. Concentrate on areas with blocked pores.
- Wet hand towel with just below scalding water, wring out, and fold up to keep the heat in.
- Quickly wet the washcloth with super-hot-but-doesn’t-burn-your-face-off water, wring it out, and spread it over your face.
- Cover the washcloth with the towel to seal in the steam and to keep the washcloth from cooling right away. This is key.
- Leave on until the towel and washcloth have cooled to about room temperature and then wipe your face with the washcloth.
- Voila! You have oil cleansed. There should be a thin layer of oil still on your skin to balance and protect.
Clear, glowing, dewy-looking skin, free of blackheads, pimples, cysts, and other imperfections seems to be an elusive goal. Many in the skin care industry would have you believe the same with their claims of the need to rid your skin of oil completely and apply burning chemicals in order to avoid these imperfections. Modern society has been so strongly influenced by these marketing claims that some find themselves washing the delicate and easily-inflamed tissue of their facial skin with "grease cutting" or "antibacterial" dish and hand soap only to find that their skin condition worsens.
The reasons we have so much trouble with mainstream skin care products are numerous, but two reasons, in particular, lead the pack. These products strip the oil out of our skin, leaving our largest organ trying to repair itself by replacing the oil stripped away. This leaves us in a cycle of being tight and dry followed by the inevitable oil slick. Each time we strip the oil away, our skin over-compensates for the lack of moisture by creating more oil. On top of the drying effects, many skin products are filled with chemical fragrances, preservatives and toxic lathering ingredients.
If we know what our body is going to do and understand the process, we can then understand what it takes to control it and achieve the results we want. Clear skin is attainable.